The Live Caption feature in Android 11 and above automatically captions any speech on your phone, including audio, video, podcasts, and more. One of the most helpful features in Android is the ability to live-caption audio..
Here are the steps to disable the chrome live caption feature:
- Launch Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the More. for options menu.
- Select the Settings menu from the list.
- Scroll to the Advanced section, and click to expand.
- Under the Accessibility section, and turn OFF the Live Caption toggle button.
To remove subtitles from Facebook, first, open the Facebook app and go to Settings. Next, select Account Settings and then Language. Underneath the language options, there will be a subtitle option. Tap on it and change the setting to off.
Use Live Caption in Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click Advanced Accessibility. Captions.
- Turn on Live Caption.
Google’s Live Caption feature uses AI to auto-generate onscreen subtitles for any media that plays audio on your device. The tool is designed to help deaf and hard-of-hearing people, but can also be useful in noisy environments.
Turn default setting to on or off
- Click your profile picture .
- Click Settings .
- From the left-hand menu, click Playback and performance.
- Check or uncheck Always show captions.
- Check or uncheck Include auto-generated captions (when available).
On the left-hand menu, under the Post section, click the Post to a Page you manage option. Select the page you want to manage captions for. On the right side of the dashboard, scroll down to the Settings section and click on Viewing. Toggle the Auto-Generated Captions option to turn it off.
Why are captions auto-generated? The new tool boosts accessibility for deaf and hard-of-hearing users. Instagram feed videos now feature auto-generated captions—an accessibility boost for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or prefer watching videos without sound.
To Disable Auto-Captions on a Facebook Page:
- Navigate to your Page on Facebook.com.
- Click Settings in the Manage Page sidebar.
- Click General in the Page Settings sidebar.
- Click Edit next to Auto-Generated Video Captions and Subtitles.
- Select Don’t auto-generate captions or subtitles.
- Click Save Changes.
Captions are a great way to make content accessible for viewers. YouTube can use speech recognition technology to automatically create captions for your videos. Note: These automatic captions are generated by machine learning algorithms, so the quality of the captions may vary.
Here’s how to use Facebook’s automatic captioning tool:
- Click on the video you want to caption, this will open the video in full screen.
- Select the dot-menu on the right.
- Select Edit Video.
- Click Captions.
- If the Add Auto-Generated Captions section is set to off, click to turn it on.
- Go to your Video Manager.
- Next to the video you want to edit captions for, click the drop-down next to “Edit” and then Subtitles/CC.
- Click the language you want to delete.
- Click the Actions drop-down.
- Select Delete and confirm you want to remove the track permanently.
While video subtitles are intended for viewers who can’t understand the language being spoken, captions are intended for viewers who can’t hear the audio. Captions (which can refer to closed captions or open captions) include the dialogue as well as any other relevant audio.
Why can’t I turn off Instagram captions? To manage captions from your settings:
Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile. Tap in the top right, then tap Settings. Tap Account, then tap Captions. Tap or next to Captions to turn them on or off.
What are Facebook auto-generated captions? Similar to YouTube captioning (who had this feature for a while), Facebook’s Caption Generator allows you automatically add captions to videos and edit them afterwards so people can follow them without any sound! The voice recognition software identifies each word and transcribes it automatically.
Does Facebook automatically add captions to videos? Yes. Facebook will automatically generate captions for videos you upload on Business pages. Go to Publishing Tools > Video Library > Hover over any video and click Edit Video > Captions > Generate.
How do I turn off Accessibility on Android?
Open your Android device’s Settings app . Select Accessibility. Switch Access. At the top, select the On/Off switch.
How do I turn off text to speech on Android?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Language & Input.
- Tap Gboard.
- Tap Preferences.
- Tap Voice Input Key to disable or enable (This removes or adds the microphone on the keyboard)
Why is my phone talking?
You may have accidentally turned TalkBack on when you began phone setup. TalkBack is designed to give voice feedback to those who have visual impairment. If you accidentally turned TalkBack on during phone setup, you can turn it off. For phones with Android 8 or later, you can turn TalkBack off immediately.
How do I turn off Google text to speech on Android?
Using Google™ Keyboard/Gboard
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon. Settings. then tap “Language & input” or “Language & keyboard”.
- From the On-screen keyboard, tap. Google Keyboard/Gboard. .
- Tap. Preferences. .
- Tap the. Voice input key switch. to turn on or off .
Auto-generated captions are created automatically when you upload a video. By default, auto-generated captions are turned on for all of your video content.
Digital channels usually have one or more closed captioning modes. The CC1 mode usually displays a text version of the TV program audio in a small banner. The other CC modes display information provided by the broadcaster. CS1 mode displays a text version of the audio in the same language as the audio.
Live caption was introduced in Android 10 for a few Google Pixel phones, but Samsung has the led the way by introducing it on some of its flagship devices.
To turn on Live Caption on Samsung phones:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility.
- Select Hearing enhancements.
- Select Live Caption, then toggle it on to enable it.
How do I get rid of live captions on Youtube? Remove captions
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Subtitles.
- For the language you’d like to delete, in the “Subtitles” column, select Options. Delete .
- You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to delete the captions. Click DELETE CAPTIONS.