One way to unlock a disabled iPhone or iPad without computer is to use Apple’s Find My iPhone service. It allows you to remotely perform actions on an iOS device. All you need to do is access either the website or the app on another device and you will be able to unlock the device..
How do I unlock a disabled iPhone?
If the device isn’t responding, press and hold the Power and Home buttons at the same time for a few seconds to turn it off. Press and hold the Home button until the “Connect to iTunes” screen appears — you’ll see a connector pointing at an iTunes icon. You can now release the button.
How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
Wipe all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone. If you’re erasing your iPhone because you’re replacing it with a new iPhone that you have on hand, you can use extra free storage in iCloud to move your apps and data to the new device.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How do I fix a disabled iPhone?
How to fix ‘iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes’
- Step 1: Enter Recovery Mode. The first step is to connect your iPhone to your computer and enter recovery mode.
- Step 2: Locate your iPhone/iPad via your Mac/PC.
- Step 3: Choose the option to Restore.
- Step 4: Set up your iPhone.
How do I restore a frozen iPhone with iTunes?
How to Restore a Frozen iPhone in Recovery Mode
- Connect the USB cable to the computer and load iTunes.
- Press and hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time for 10 seconds to force the iPhone to shut down.
- Release the “Power” button, and continue to hold the “Home” button.
- Connect the USB cable to the iPhone.
Why is my iPhone screen black with a loading circle?
When your iPhone crashes, you might see a black screen with a spinning circle as the system software attempts to recover itself. That can sometimes fail, however, and you’ll continue to see the same screen indefinitely. A force-restart should fix an iPhone when it gets stuck on a black screen with a loading circle.
What’s the difference between soft reset and hard reset?
A hard reset is initiated from the hardware keys. (Volume, power, home, etc.) Whereas a soft reset is initiated from within the devices software. (Usually located in the Settings area of the device) Merely pressing the power button for 10 or so seconds to reboot the phone doesn’t factory reset the device.
What is a soft reset on iPhone? Apple iPhone XR
With a soft reset, the operating system is rebooted and all services reloaded. If you use this method of resetting, all your personal data, files and apps on the device will remain unchanged. To reboot the Apple iPhone XR, press and release the volume up button.
How do I factory reset my iPhone without a computer?
What happens when a hard reset doesn’t work on iPhone?
1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue: Press and quickly release Volume UP button. Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button. Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds.
How do I reset my iPhone when factory reset doesn’t work?
For iPhone 7 series: Press and hold the Volume Up/Down button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time .
Try to Force Restart iPhone
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- And press and release the Volume Down button.
- Then press and hold the Side button. Release the Side button when the Apple logo appears.
What do you do when your iPhone stops working?
What to do if my iPhone won’t turn on?
- Inspect your iPhone’s battery status.
- Check your cable and charger.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Force restart.
- Restore iPhone to factory settings.
- A smarter way to do a backup.
- Put an iPhone into DFU mode.
Does resetting iPhone delete Apple ID?
I just erased and reset to factory settings our two iPhones because we got new 5’s. I gave the phones away only to be told by a friend that the erase all content and settings doesn’t remove the apple ID from the device.
What is the code to reset your phone? Open the dialer/phone app on your device and input this code: *2767*3855# After that, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device.
Does resetting iPhone delete iCloud? Nothing in your iCloud account will be deleted. After resetting, restore from your backup, anything that isn’t in the backup will be restored from the relevant store or iCloud photo library etc.
Can I unlock my phone through iTunes?
Why does my iPhone not turn on past the Apple logo?
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Volume Down button and the Sleep/Wake button. Keep holding the Volume Down button until you see the recovery mode screen. iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button.
What is a hard reset iPhone?
A hard reset will restore the iPhone’s setting to its initial configuration by clearing all the third-party applications, data, user settings, saved passwords, and user accounts. The process would delete all stored data on the iPhone.
How do you reset a frozen iPhone?
Press and hold the top-side Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time. Hold for 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. This method can also be used if your device is not turning on or not coming out of standby mode.
Why is my iPhone stuck on loading screen?
A Simple Way –Try to Restart your iPhone. Please press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button and the “Volume Down” button of your iPhone simultaneously. Once you see the screen go black, you can release both of them. Then press the “Sleep/Wake Button” and hold until the Apple logo comes up then let go of the button.
Will hard reset delete everything iPhone?
Hard resetting means removing everything that is on your iPhone. Performing a hard reset wipes out all the data from your device. On the flip side, soft reset pertains to simply turning off your phone and restarting it.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
Does a reboot erase everything? Rebooting the device will just turn it off and on, and won’t actually reset/restore the software like you really want, which in this case would erase all your custom apps and delete any lingering personal information.